Our Mission Statement

Friday, June 24

And then there were 106!!

Wow!!! Can I just say WOW!!! This group is AMAZING!!!

Ok first I feel like I need to introduce myself!! My Name is Brandy Barnett. I will be trying my best to keep all of you informed on the happenings while we are in Honduras. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!!

Today 22 of us started out at about 9:30 am making our way to the airport!! On our way we did a small gatorade blitz (with juice boxes) and also handed out boxes of food. It was a pretty interesting event. We would stop and a couple people would get off the bus and provide street workers with a box of food and a drink. We passed out about 50ish boxes before arriving at the airport.

Once at the airport the group of 22 awaited the arrival of about 90+ people coming in. As people arrived we assisted with baggage and made sure the team members got on the correct bus. After about 2 hours we had just about everyone. There were a few members that will be flying in tomorrow so that is why I say "just about everyone." The team split into three groups. One bus went to one eating location (burger king), another went to a different (KFC, Popeyes), the last bus stayed and ate at the burger king and popeyes near the airport. After each group ate they went to the grocery store to buy snacks for lunches each day! The rookies have been great!! They have listened and kept to the schedule!! THis group has been awesome. For those of you who understand that time does not exist in Honduras, this might be a shocker. We were an hour ahead of schedule, yes AHEAD!!!! Like I said I really like this group!!

Once we all made it to the mission house we had our first orientation on campus rules!! After the rules each person received their rooming assignments and made their way to the rooms. Once everyone was settled we had dinner!! Tonight...Spaghetti, salad, and a roll!! For those who are reading who are worried about how loved ones will eat....DON'T!! The food here is fabulous!!

After dinner we had devo. Terry Reeves led us in our thoughts. He discussed how God can use us all to do great things no matter how big or small!! He discussed the importance of each task that will be done on this trip and the importance of allowing God to use us!!

Once devo was complete we had the second orientation for TORCH rules. Terry's interns prepared skits to demonstrate what not to do. I think that we might have it recorded and if we do then I will be posting that!! After orientation we departed for bed!!

WE will have a group of about 12ish coming in tomorrow and I think the group will be complete by Sunday. I hope you all are doing well back home. I also hope you enjoy reading the blog. I try to be as descriptive as possible. I promise you will not hear just from me. Members of the team will be writing up their experiences as well and I will post them.

Lastly we will be streaming the devos live. Our devos will be at 8:00 pm here, 9:00pm Central time, and 10:00 Eastern. Feel free to tune in!!! Here is the link!! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/torch-devos. Hope you all can share in our devos!!

If you have any questions feel free to email me at brandyb06@gmail.com.

In Him
Brandy B

No comments: