Our Mission Statement

Sunday, July 23


Well we have had a pretty exciting four days. Sorry I haven’t been able to update the blog, but, as expected, the internet at the hotel in Choluteca was uncooperative. So, we are going to start with Wednesday, and I will work my way to Saturday.

Wednesday started like every typical day. We all got up and had breakfast at 7 to 8. Then at 8 we had devo and received our instructions for the day. We were suppose to leave the mission house at like 9:30am, but didn’t leave until 2pm. When we left we went out to Santa Ana to visit with the five boys that are living there. Unfortunately, we couldn’t stay long because we left so late.

When we finished at the children’s home we loaded the buses for the long, hot ride to Choluteca. We arrived at the hotel about two hours after leaving the children’s home. When we got there we unloaded our things and got our room assignments. Later Steve came around and took our orders for supper. We ate supper at about 7:30 and then had devo. At about 11:00 we had room check and went to bed.

We woke up and had breakfast at 7:00 to 8:00 am. At 8 we had devo then we received our work assignments for the day. Today we had four groups, a construction crew, distribution crew, medical crew, and VBS crew.

We all were going to the same place so we loaded both buses at about 9 and headed out to the village. The first few roads we took to get to the village were pretty dry, but when we got to this one turn, it was pure mud!!!!!! Well our bus drivers, being the adventures men they are, decided that we could make it through the mud. WRONG!!! We almost got through when we started to get stuck, so the bus driver put the bus in reverse. All that did was, well, nothing. To make an interesting story short, we got stuck!! We all had to get off the bus and walk the rest of the way, which was only like half a mile at the most. Don’t worry we did get the bus out of the mud!!

Ok, so the groups!! The construction crew walked to the site they were building at after they helped the medical and distribution team unload the truck full of supplies. They were able to start the church by 11:30. They made great progress!! They were able to get all four walls up by 4:30. It was great fun, hot, but fun!!!! We actually hit a pipe and water went everywhere, then a Honduran man came and fixed it with a smaller pipe. It was quite interesting. When we finished all the walls, we walked back to the medical clinic/ distribution place.

The medical team did an amazing job!! On Thursday they saw about 100 to 150 patients. They gave out medicines and other medical things. They had a really exhausting day. The distribution team handed out about 100 to 150 boxes of food on Thursday. They also gave out clothes and shoes for those who needed it. The VBS team did different skits for the children while all of the medical and distribution was going on. Thursday was very hot, but a lot of great work was accomplished. At about 4:30ish we loaded the buses, and headed back to the hotel.
We left the hotel at about 6:30 to go to the beach for devo. When we got there it started storming so we had a devo and left to go eat. We went to eat at about 8:00. The food was pretty good. We had a great time with each other. We were able to fellowship and talk about the day. It was great fun. After we all ate we went back to the hotel and went straight to bed.

On Friday we had breakfast between 7 and 8 the devo at 8. After devo the ones who wanted to go shop before going to the village got on one bus and the rest got on the other. The ones that went shopping had quit and adventure. We went to this one place that we were told about that ended up being some type of Sanctuary. We didn’t do any shopping, but we did see some wild animals!! Well, we decided to try to find somewhere else and we did, but it wasn’t what we were looking for. By 11 we were making our way out to the village to do more work.

The construction team was able to finish 95% of the roof. The rest of it should be finished on Saturday by the locals. The distribution team handed out the rest of the food and clothes, and the VBS team played with the children. The medical team saw between 150 to 200 patients on Friday. They were working double time. They did such an amazing job. We were able to do all of this in about 5 hours. Our team did an amazing job!! Great job guys!!

When we were finished we loaded the buses and went back to the hotel to clean up for supper. Tonight we went to Wendy’s and Pizza Hut. It was delicious!! After everyone ate we came back to the hotel for devo. When that was finished we received our instruction for the next day. On Saturday we were leaving for El Salvador. When we got our instructions we went to bed.

On Saturday we started the day pretty early. We had to be up and ready to go by 7. The plan was to leave as close to 7:30 as possible. We left by like 8:30, which is pretty good for Honduras. Most of the day was spent traveling to El Salvador. Nothing happened except we went through check points, that was the most exciting part about the trip.

When we arrived at the hotel we got taxis and went to the mall to eat. After spending about one to two hours there we came back to the hotel to get our room assignments. When we got our room assignments a lot of us went swimming and just relaxed for the rest of the evening.

At about 7 some people went to the restaurant in the hotel for supper. It was AMAZING!!!! After that we had devo, and took a group picture out by the pool. When devo was over we hung out for a while and said goodbye to those who are leaving on Sunday. Four of our team members are going back to there homes. I wish them the best. After saying good bye we went to bed.

On Sunday we had worship. Nothing much happened today either. Just church, fellowship, and a lot of sleep. Tomorrow we leave to come home, so I’m sure you will hear even more about the trip. This will probably be the last time I blog, Terry Reeves will be posting a summery of the whole trip when we get back. Thank you guys for reading the blog. I am so sorry that the internet was messed up for half the trip. I will be posting all the messages from the past couple days tonight. Thanks for your patients and your prayers. Please continue to pray for our new friends we made in Honduras. I know that I have grown to love them all and I can’t wait to see them again. We will see you all soon. God Bless.

Brandy B