Our Mission Statement

Sunday, June 14

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The seconds are winding down as we get ready for our trip. I can hear the sound of the clock in my head. But yesterday one of the last big burdens was lifted when I finished writing this year’s journal. I have to admit my English teachers from high school AND college would give you a weird look if you told them I did a lot of writing. If you saw my grades for composition, grammar, spelling, and such you would have to agree with them. But here I am, writing away. Funny how things turn out, would you agree?

So, now I am writing checks out to pay the bills and my debit card is about to melt from all of the last minute purchases. I have bought airline tickets, gear, supplies, and yesterday the good folks at the Corner Drug Store hooked my up with a lot of meds for the medical team for a fraction of their shelf price. I love resourcing and it is amazing how it works. 6 degrees of separation? I think in the church it is more like 3 degrees. Tomorrow the t-shirts come in, Tuesday the journals are done from the print shop, and Wednesday I mail packages to the team leaders. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

My next objective is to type out the projects we are going to do and match them up against the work fund to see if everything works. Once that is done I will make one last contact to the people in Honduras and the wheels will begin to turn. Wood will be ordered. So will tin, nails, hinges, and spikes. Food will be ordered. Literally tons of it. Hospitals will be contacted to set up visitation times. Paint, brushes, rollers, pans, and masking tape will be bought. Fliers will be printed. Carlos will start making $20 packets of Limperias. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Right now I am coordinating flight arrivals so that I can make sure everyone is picked up at the airport. This year we have folks flying in on Delta, American, and Continental. As always, I will be living at the airport. I have people coming and going all week long. But hey, whatever it takes to get people to be part of an amazing group called Torch. And for the several long timers who can’t go this year, you will be missed. But probably nearly as much as you will miss being here. Who knows, maybe next year? Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

As we get closer and closer to the trip I want you to begin spending dedicated time in prayer to prepare yourself for the trip. Try to spend some time each day praying about the trip. Here are some things you need to SPECIFICALLY pray for as the trip approaches:


* Safety during our trip down
* Good weather!
* The people of Honduras we will minister to on the trip
* That each person will have a servant’s heart
* Safety while we are in Honduras
* Good health!
* That His will shall be done
* For patience and understanding
* For kindness and a loving spirit
* That all of the groups will bond together and become one

I will be posting another blog this coming Thursday so stay tuned. It will have LOTS of IMPORTANT information. Take care and I will be seeing you SOON!!!


Terry

No comments: