Our Mission Statement

Monday, October 23

Congratulations, well done!

In my last blog I talked about the changing of the colors of the leaves here in middle Tennessee. I have to admit a couple of weeks later that those in the know were right, the colors now are absolutely amazing. However, just as assuredly as the colors have changed the leaves are also falling to the ground. And the falling of the leaves also means the falling of the temperature! I have officially declared it COLD here in Tennessee! Oh, they say that this is nothing, just wait… but I have decided that the next ice age is upon us!!!! Wow, and to think that this is fall! Boy, I just can’t wait for winter to get here……..

I have a lot of news to post; I hope that this information gets to all that are interested. First, I would like to congratulate two very special friends that just completed their course work at Belmont University. Anna Jane Palmer and Judy Mitchell both finished their degree programs in physical therapy a few weeks ago, receiving that long awaited diploma that declares them doctors!!! They both passed their board exams and now are officially Dr. Mitchell and Dr. Palmer. Congratulations and well done!

My work at Friendship Christian School is going very well. My classes are wonderful and the students are great. Soccer is going well too. We came in second in our district and will be playing in the region tournament this week. We are currently 12-6. More importantly, the campus ministry work is going well. Part of my job is planning mission trips for students, faculty, staff, and friends. There is a trip to Honduras planned for Christmas break. The dates are December 26 through January 1. This 1 week trip will be to Tegucigalpa and will be a typical Torch trip. We will be building a couple of houses, do a food distribution, and a lot of visitation. It is going to be a great trip and anyone out there that would like to go is invited. The cost of the trip is $298.00 PLUS your airline ticket. Participants are responsible for booking their own ticket. I will be glad to send you the flight information and any additional information about the trip. Just contact me at reeves.tl@gmail.com

Finally, I will be posting the 2007 trip schedule in the next week or two. There is a lot of great stuff going on and I am really excited to tell you about it. So, keep checking the site and get ready for an incredible year for Torch Missions! I hope everyone is doing well out there. Drop me a line to let me know what is going on in your part of the woods. God bless you all, may the work of the kingdom be ever fruitful as we labor together for our God and Father.

Blessings,

TR

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am shaking my head and smiling at you all the same time... thanks for the shout out! :)

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the leaves thing. Although I have been here for every fall since my creation I was extremly excited about THIS fall season. Since being in grad school for the 3 yrs I was not able to make the time to enjoy fall. I love fall! It is my favorite season. With it comes alot of things you cannot do in any of those other seasons..like play tag football in the leaves, ride a horse without sweating it out or freezing, walking in the park with your favorite sweatshirt on and feel the nip in the air, my favorite.....the smell of snow looming!
Toboggins and scarfs are soon approaching..I can't wait...can you?
Dr. Palmer