Our Mission Statement

Tuesday, November 29

you are here to get there

It is so hard to believe that 2005 is about to come to an end. One month and counting. And a very busy month at that. During 2005 so many things have happened and it just seems that life is going by faster and faster. I know that sounds a bit clique, but I am here to tell you that it is true. There just isn’t enough hours in a day to get all the things done that are needed. Of course, I am not an “up at the crack of dawn” type person, as many of you out there are, but I also do not turn into a pumpkin at 10:00 at night either. I do most of my best work after the midnight hour. So I figure the same amount of working hours are evenly distributed between us all. All that brings me back to the fact that there are not enough hours in a day to get everything done.

Right now the pressing matters are getting all of my group leaders to get their applications and deposits in for the 2006 trips, which, by the way, seem to be going pretty well. I have not heard from all but several have told me that “the checks are in the mail,” which could mean a lot of things. I am also working on lessons for a youth rally I am speaking at up in Pennsylvania in January. And of course, getting weekly lessons ready for my Bible classes here are a daily task. I am planning out the details about the scouting trip in March and trying to get a big picture of our goals for the summer mission trips.

But other things are mixed in there too, from yard work to staying in touch with family and friends. I am blessed with so many good friends and it is such a joy to talk with them on a regular basis. We are spread out all over the place, literally. And many of my friends live so far away that we rarely see each other. But, thanks to telephones and e-mails, we stay in touch and keep up with each other. Which is really nice. We can instantly share photos, stories, memories, and the newest news with a click of a button.

Where would be without friends and relationships? How boring would life be without them? My world would be small, so contained. But, because of friends, my world is as big as can be, and it makes life so much more fun and interesting. And it keep s things fresh and fun too. Not a week goes by that someone recounts an event that has slipped my mind. My roommate from college brings up “activities” we were involved in during our college days that brings a smile to my face and generates a lot more memories in the process. When I read blogspots from Jennifer Arnold, Jen Wright, Tim Hines, and others, living in Honduras, it floods my mind with memories because I can almost feel and smell the story as well as reading the details! And it makes me realize that we are all in this great big production together.

God in His infinite wisdom, has brought us all together for a blockbuster production. We all have our parts, we all have our scripts. God is the director and He puts it all together. And the final cut is amazing because we all get to see different versions of the production, from our own perspectives. God has put some incredible people in my life. All along the way He put the right people in the right place at the right time to influence me to be who I am today. The list is endless. All kinds of people too. Some were quiet and unassuming. Some were loud and commanding. Some lead by example, others led by following. Some were smart and scholarly, others had simple wisdom and common sense. Some were popular, others shy. But make no mistake, they all played a role and they played that role to perfection.

During the past few years I have written some of these people to tell them what an influence they had on my life. Coaches, teachers, preachers, professors. Team mates. Class mates. High school and college friends. But there are so many I have not written too or spoken with. For some, I will never get the chance, for they have now passed on from this world. Others I have lost contact with and have no idea where they are now. And still others simply because I haven not gotten around to it yet. And that is the sad part, because I am taking time for granted. Somehow I have convinced myself that I have plenty of time to get around to it someday.

Isn’t that ironic? I am taking advantage of the one thing that I just talked about earlier. Time. We don’t have enough hours in a day to get everything done and yet I am taking time for granted. How crazy is that? But I do it, and I bet you do too. We get so involved in our own little worlds that we forget about the bigger one out there and the ones that played their parts to get you to where you are today. Maybe it is time for all of us to slow down for a while, even if it is just a few moments each week, and start making a phone call here and there, dropping an e-mail more often, and sending one of those sappy Hallmark cards. You know the ones, like on the commercials. And you know what, we DO react that way when we get them!!!!! I am the same guy who laughs at the commercials and pokes fun at them that tears up when the card comes in the mail!

To all of you out there that reads this blogspot, thanks. I don’t know who reads these thoughts of mine from week to week, but I want you to know that I love and appreciate you. My journey has been a fantastic trip. I have been able to experience life at its fullest, and have seen a lot of things and been to a lot of places. I have met some important people during my life, which is kind of cool, shaken hands of presidents and dignitaries. I have friends that would drop everything and would be at my side in a blink. I have hundreds of prayer warriors in my behalf. And the best family I could ever have dreamed for. I have been a small part of God’s work in His kingdom and have been humbled to know how fragile life is.

But, as 2005 comes to an end, I am so excited about what the future has in store for us. 2006 will be here soon and the work goes on. The circle keeps getting bigger and the work becomes more and more important. The boarders of the Kingdom are growing, and being stretched. The lost are being saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. The enemy is on the loose, the battle is at land. Winner takes all. And we are going to win. it’s a guarantee. But it is a fight to the finish, our foe will not give up. We must keep fighting, climbing, marching to the top. There is too much at stake to let up, ease up, or give up. God has led you to where you are right now, but make no mistake about it, where you are now is not where He wants you to be tomorrow. You are either moving forward or falling back. Come on, get up, its time to get moving…. Are you with me?

TR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God has led you to where you are right now, but make no mistake about it, where you are now is not where He wants you to be tomorrow. You are either moving forward or falling back. Come on, get up, its time to get moving…. Are you with me?

Hi Terry!
I am with you! Thanks for sharing this with us. It´s what I needed to hear today. You are always a great blessing! Sometimes I wonder about future and stuff...but I know I am where He wants me to be...and I need to keep moving:) thanks for the reminder...
You are always in my prayers...I love you tons! Tu amiga de Guatemala:)