Our Mission Statement

Thursday, August 9

2008 dates

Since returning from Honduras is seems as if I have leaped into hyper-space (Star Wars fans know what I am talking about). It has been a blur as soccer started training, going to teacher in-service meetings, faculty meetings, coaches meetings, and trying to get the recently converted computer lab into my classroom. Moving computer desks, chairs, miles of wires, a couple dozen computers, speakers, etc, has been a lot of fun. Like most of you, I live to sit in on meetings. Love it.

School started for us Monday, August 6 and it is running smoothly and my classes are going to be great. I have a new schedule, a new planning period, a classroom, and do not have a study hall! Live is about as good as it gets here at FCS. Our first scrimmage is this Saturday and our first regular season game is in less than 2 weeks. Of course, trying to squeeze in anything else (outside of school stuff) is hard right now, but I hope to be in a routine soon.

So, while I have a minute or two, I wanted to let you know what the dates and mission trip opportunities will be offered for this coming year. You are welcome to come on any, or all, of the trips, all it will take is an email and some paperwork and of course, money. If you see something that interests you, contact me soon. Some of the trips have limited number of spaces.

December 27 – January 4: Montigo Bay, Jamaica. VBS, door knocking, and benevolence trip; high school and up. Very limited spaces for this trip.

March 6-15: Guatemala City, Guatemala, Central America. Humanitarian outreach trip (food distribution, visitation, bible studies, etc). High school and up.

June 1 – 11: Recife, Brazil, South America. VBS, door knocking, construction, food distribution, and benevolence trip. High school and up.

June 28 – July 9: Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Central America. VBS, door knocking, construction, food distribution, visitation, and benevolence trip. High school and up.

Details about these trips will be posted later (cost, flights, etc) and dates are subject to change depending on flight availability and housing. Torch applications for 2008 will be available the week after Thanksgiving. You can sign-up before that via email. I hope to have an updated application form on the IRC website (www.irccorp.org) along with the rules sheet and both the Spanish and Portuguese release forms. All of the forms will be able to be downloaded and printed. All of these forms will also be available by email and hard copies of the forms can be mailed to you through the post office.

Email me some of your great photos from this summer’s trips or send me a CD!!! I need photos of Honduras and Brazil!!! My email address is reeves.tl@gmail.com and my mailing address is 221 Oak Hill Drive, Lebanon, TN., 37087. Look forward to hearing from you. Take care; a new posting will be coming soon.
TR

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I cant wait!!
<3-Erin

Anonymous said...

oh boy, i am SO excited about this year!! i'm counting down the days.

<3Sara T.